In honor of #BlackHistoryMonth, this month’s playlist includes interviews of Black astronomers.
- Learn about Benjamin Banneker, an early African American Quaker and astronomer;
- The Maniitsoq structure may not be an impact crater;
- See the Chinese space stations’ robotic arm in action;
- PBS Space Time discusses the wave function and object-collapse theories;
- Astronomer Derrick Pitts discusses: “why are there so few Black astronomers?“
The National Society of Black Physicists interviews Samantha O’Sullivan, a Rhodes scholar and Harvard senior (33 minutes) [ LINK ]