Visual Astronomy Display for January 2015
Happy New Year!
- This year, the Hubble Space Telescope celebrates 25 years of transforming our view of the universe;
- A color image of stars from the globular star cluster Omega Centauri are sorted by brightness and color to construct a Hertzsprung-Russel diagram, an innovative and easy to understand way to show a graph used by astronomers to trace stellar evolution;
- MinutePhysics gives us an astronomically correct version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star;
- Voyager I has experienced three “tsunami waves,” resulting from coronal mass ejections from the Sun, as it travels through interstellar space, and;
- AsapSCIENCE describes what it would take for people to begin living on the Red Planet.