The Wolbach Library wishes good health to everyone during this unprecedented global crisis. This month’s playlist includes some videos relating to COVID-19, including advice from astronauts about social distancing, book recommendations for quarantine, and speculation on how getting sick on Mars or the Moon might differ from getting sick on Earth.
- Seeker overviews the physics of why space agencies are choosing to launch expeditions to Mars in 2020;
- Twenty demonstrations of DIY physics “experiments” you can do at home;
- On April 7th, we will see a “Pink” Supermoon, or perigee-syzygy in the night sky;
- NASA’s gold box instrument is designed to make oxygen on Mars;
- Could slime molds help astrophysicists understand how the universe grows?